SAFHR- Housing Stability and Eviction Diversion (HSED)
The purpose of the State Assistance for Housing Relief (SAFHR) Housing Stability Services is to support programs within Missouri communities that work to prevent eviction and help to ensure long-term housing stability. These funds should be coordinated with MHDC’s SAFHR rental and utility assistance program to provide additional legal and case management services, and increase access to the SAFHR application.
- Applicants must be a non-profit, governmental entity, or other community organization that provides housing related case management or legal services, eligible to conduct business in Missouri, and be an entity in good standing with the state of Missouri
- Funding will not be awarded to individuals.
- Funding may not be sub-granted.
- All proposals must be submitted via MHDC’s Special Projects Department online application.
- Case Management: available for organizations that provide housing or housing services for paying salaries and benefits necessary for providing housing stability case management services to eligible SAFHR participants.
- Legal Services: available for organizations to provide legal services regarding pending tenant eviction action. Legal services may be provided directly by a legal services applicant or indirectly via private attorneys.
- Outreach and Marketing: Available for organizations to conduct outreach and marketing to inform Missouri tenants of housing stability services and rent and utility assistance provided by the SAFHR Program
- Administrative Funds: available to organizations that apply for supporting the administration of the program.