SAFHR- Mortgage Assistance Counseling Program (MAC)
The Missouri Housing Development Commission (MHDC) hereby notifies interested organizations of the availability of the State Assistance for Housing Relief Mortgage Assistance Counseling (SAFHR - MAC) funds to support programs within Missouri communities that work to prevent homeowner mortgage delinquencies, defaults, foreclosures, and displacements of homeowners experiencing financial hardship since January 21, 2020. A total amount of $6,913,466.80 will be made available, with up to twenty-five percent of these funds available for legal aid services. These funds should be coordinated with MHDC’s SAFHR for Homeowners program to increase access to the SAFHR for Homeowners application and to provide additional housing counseling and legal services.
- Applicants must be a HUD-certified Housing Counseling Agency or a Legal Aid Agency, eligible to conduct business in Missouri, and an entity in good standing with the state of Missouri.
- Funding will not be awarded to individuals.
- Funding may not be sub-granted.
- All proposals must be submitted via MHDC’s Special Projects Department online application.
- Housing Counseling: available for HUD-certified housing counseling agencies for paying salaries and benefits necessary for providing services to assist in mitigating foreclosure or displacement to eligible SAFHR for Homeowners participants.
- Legal Services: available for Legal Aid organizations for paying salaries and benefits necessary for providing legal services regarding foreclosure prevention or displacement.
- Administration: available to organizations receiving awards for supporting the administration of the program.